Monday, April 26, 2010

Meeting the regions

I was in Manila last week for a six-day training. Upon arrival there, things were definitely not new to me. But when I stayed for awhile at Lawrence's place, my used-to-be-second-home there had some changes like the absence of his housemate's pet monkey, his new roommate, and a dirt filter in their kitchen faucet. I really missed the place because it was my second abode for nine months where my boyfriend and I used to do most of our stuffs. Well, generally, I miss the Metropolis life notwithstanding the high cost of living and pollution. (".)

On the first day of our training, I felt like I really did not know why I was the one sent there since I was the youngest and the newest member in the group; ergo I do not know the topics when I first glanced at the programme. But as the days went on, I eventually got along with the group and realized I already learned the topics when I was still in college but things are really different when one is already on the field or actually doing the job.

The training was somewhat a review of what I have learned in school and integrating it in the projects of the government. That, for me, is cool. (",)

On our first day, I decided to go to my former workplace since I could not do a thing comfortably in Manila than doing it in my former office. It's a secret actually. Haha. I am happy that the warmth of the people there never changed at all. My peers and I had dinner in a nearby street, discovered a store nearby, and went out of the store with smiling faces. ("P)

My second and third days were not that memorable to me, though the learning I got was good.

On the fourth day, the participants from Mindanao insisted that we go to Trinoma Mall and then ride the MRT upon going home. So we did with me as the tour guide. I bet they had a really different experience with that activity.

On the fifth day, from the training venue, I was lucky to ride the Department's shuttle bus -- my most often mode of transportation going to the boarding house when I was still in Manila -- when I went to my former employer to get an important document. ("+) I was saved from the stop overs of jeepneys, fare, the risks of being with strangers, and most especially, the extreme heat that Metro Manila is experiencing. Really extreme.

On our last day, I was so excited to go home that I could not even eat well as I was excited to tell my family the experiences I had with my very first nation-wide training.

Oh, that week-long training! I thought it was long, but if one really enjoys, time runs so fast.

I am looking forward to more similar activities as I need those in my career and personal growth as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment