Sunday, April 4, 2010

2nd Week

Tomorrow marks my 14th day here in Bicol while today is the start of my 2nd week as a government employee.

On my first three days, I had to go out of the office every now and then to accomplish my appointment requirements. Meanwhile, just today, the ribbon-cutting of the DTI-sponsored exhibit and trade fair was held and I was so happy because I also had my hands on the preparation of the story board.

Important people I saw during the ribbon-cutting include Sen. Loren Legarda, Albay Gov. Joey Salceda, and a beauty queen cutting the ribbon; capitol staff and personnel wearing a common shirt and joining the parade; the media covering the event, which is not anymore new to me since I worked with the Department's Communications and Media Office before; the DTI-5 Assistant Regional Director asking me how am I doing and telling me it is better to live in the province; and my buds from the Business Development Division.

Living here is really different from my urban life back in the Metropolis. Here, I must always think about my family on the expenses and other decisions; whereas in Manila, I should always think of my survival, only my survival. After all, this is how life goes.

During my last few days in Manila, I thought I would be somewhat difficult for me to adjust with the life here because I was already used to speedy transactions and movements of the people along the streets. But I realized, I was once like the people here. So I said to myself, this is the time to relax along the streets or in the malls and pursue a post graduate study.

I will apply in my present job whatever technical work I have learned from my former officemates and bosses. But I need more and will be needing more, thus, should learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment